13 Jan How to Open a New PayPal Account in Serbia
In this text, I will show you how to open a new PayPal account with UniCredit bank Visa card
In this text, I will describe how to open a new PayPal account, using my UniCredit bank Visa electron card. Reason for this brief explanation still exists, although on the internet we can find a lot of “How to” articles about PayPal account.
First, I need to mention that I have the Selector current account in UniCredit bank. That account includes the current RSD (Serbian dinar) account, current foreign exchange account, and Maestro and Visa Electron debit cards that have been connected to my dinar account.
Before opening a PayPal account, I went to the UniCredit bank and connected my Visa debit card for my foreign exchange account.
To open a PayPal account you need:
– An email address: If you don’t have one, you can open it in Gmail;
– A Visa card associated with the foreign exchange account;
– Minimum 1,5 euros in your RSD (Serbian dinar) account (that amount PayPal will return after card verification)
10 Steps to Open an Account
- If you’ve done all previously listed, go to the PayPal official page where you can find in upper right corner “SIGN UP” button. That is the first thing in the process of creating an account.
- Ok, after you clicked on “SIGN UP” button, you’re on the page where you must choose a type of an account, personal or business. Choose “Personal Account” (look at the picture), and press “CONTINUE”, to go forward with registration.
- In this step, you have to enter your basic information. You must enter your first name, last name, email address, yet to generate a password and repeat the same password. When you have done all that, click “NEXT”
- In this step, there are more fields you need to fill. Boring yes, but you will need to fill all the required fields so the registration process can be continued.
- After you fill in all the fields in the previous step, you will receive an email from PayPal. In an email, they inform you that PayPal account is successfully created. To complete the account set up you need to confirm your email. Click on the blue button like it’s shown in the photo below.
- Now you’ve successfully confirmed your email address, but you still need to confirm your mobile number. This step you can see in the photo below.
7. On mobile number that you entered in previous step (step number 4), you’ll get a text message from PayPal with the confirmation code. Input that number in the field like in the photo below and press “CONTINUE”.
CONGRATULATIONS, YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOW OPEN.
After the opening the account, you need to link Visa debit card to the Paypal account.
- Choose Visa from the drop-down menu, and enter the card number. Card number you can find on the front of a card and have 16-digits. From the back of a card enter CSC number and click “SAVE”.
- When you link your card to a PayPal, it will take an amount of 1,5 euros. That amount PayPal will return after verification. You’ll verify Visa card with a 4-digit number from the text message, and the 1,5 euro from RSD (Serbian dinar) account.
And that’s all, you opened a PayPal account with your Unicredit Visa card.