07 Jan Pay-per-Click 101: All the Basics You Need to Know
What is Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is the use of marketing tools like websites, email campaigns and digital advertisements with the intention to connect current and prospective customers. In other words, we can say that digital marketing is any form of marketing that exists online trying to reach consumers.
There are many forms of digital marketing that exist today and it is best to know them all, before deciding which one to use. So, bearing that in mind, we are going to describe a few of them: social media marketing, content marketing, search engine optimization, pay-per-click marketing, and affiliate marketing.
Social media marketing is a form of digital marketing that is based on social media platforms and websites like Facebook, in order to promote products or services. It uses conversation, interests, and behavior of the users on the social platforms to target them with social media adds.
Content marketing includes things like educational articles, e-books, videos and entertainment that answer specific questions people have about products and services.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a process of optimizing content on the websites so that they show up in search engines like Google.
What is Pay-per-Click Marketing
Pay-per-Click marketing (PPC) is a form of paid digital marketing where advertisers pay a fee each time someone clicks on their ad.
PPC is a great way to give your business wind in the sails by putting your brand and products in front of interested users who may never have found it otherwise.
PPC can apply to paid ads on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Forms of Pay-per-Click Marketing
Search engine advertising and Google Ads are the most important forms of Pay-per-Click marketing.
Search engine advertising allows advertisers to bid for ad placement in a Google’s sponsored links when someone searches on a keyword that is related to their business offering. If we search on some keyword like “PPC”, our ad might show up in the very top spot on the Google results page.
Google Ads (former Google AdWords) platform enables businesses to create ads that appear on Google’s search engine and other Google properties. In other words, the company that wants to find people searching for them give Google their details and whenever someone searches for their products, Google shows their details to them.
Why Use Pay-per-Click Marketing?
If you ask, why to use PPC in your business, here is your answer:
- PPC helps a website to be on the first 5 results on Google, Yahoo, Bing.
- With PPC you can improve website traffic because soon after you put PPC ad on a website, visitors start clicking on the ad and increase traffic of the website.
- PPC provides consistent traffic to your website and it only depends on the daily budget.
- With PPC you are sure, that current ads will bring a result that you looking for because you can change your ads very easily.
- PPC allows you to test your marketing campaign, and if the campaign, after a month or so is not successful, you can simply change it.
- With PPC you can reach more people.
- PPC allows you to track whether the particular keyword or ad campaign is effective or not.